12/31/2010

Is there a GPS Navigation device that works in DOWNTOWN Chicago surrounded by skyscrapers?


First off I would like to appreciate all of you for taking the time to view and/or answer this question.
I was wondering...

Is there a GPS Navigation device that works in DOWNTOWN Chicago surrounded by skyscrapers?

I have tried several GPS units and they all seem to lose connection when I get in between the large buildings in downtown Chicago so I was wondering if there is some sort of special device that will work in this situation?

Price is not an issue.

Thanks again!

Answer by ►BobB◄
you need a SENSITIVE receiver. Cell phones and car units do not have the sensitivity to receive in deep canyons.

The Motorola SiRF3 is the GPS "engine" that you need.

Answer by Echo1
I've used my gps in Downtown Chicago for 6-8 months and I was really happy with it. It's a Garmin 205w. Give it a try;you can find it for around $ 100 on internet.I put a link where you can buy it from.Before you spend hundreds of dollars on a fancy one , try this one.

Echo1
www.echolimousine.com


Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Is there a GPS Navigation device that works in DOWNTOWN Chicago surrounded by skyscrapers?

No comments:

Post a Comment